Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Looking Up

It's getting a little easier to get through the day today than it has been the last few weeks. Not sure why on earth I keep getting in my own way, but oh well. Operating on Tylenol and coffee with little to no sleep & food for the last week. I have a migraine that could knock out a horse and a sore heart, but I am alive. I forced a sandwich down this morning but could not finish it. However, it was the first full meal I've eaten in a while. Think I should write more. I have no clue if anyone even reads this, but putting these words down in print somehow makes me feel as if it is less of a burden simply on my shoulders. Need to write more. Going to try to post one poem per day. Maybe it will begin to lift this veil of sadness that has been clouding my life lately.

2 comments:

  1. I make an effort to support the creative endeavors of friends, so I’ll definitely be checking in to read!… Though I’ve admittedly not tried to tackle your novel excerpt yet (I’ll get to it! I’m lazy! #TwitterAttentionSpan). I have a couple writer friends who have had a go with the Wordpress/Blogspot platform; I think 2 things are important to keep an audience (if this is priority for you… Some are content to write for themselves, others sometimes get discouraged if they feel like their work is a tree falling in the woods). 1). Use your Facebook account to link each new entry… that’s all, no FB commitment, just a quick link. 2.) Be sure to find other writers you enjoy on Blogspot/Wordpress and comment on their entries… it comes back around and you’ll begin to develop not just an audience, but an audience of people who share your craft and can lend valuable input.

    Keep up the good work! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the least lazy person I know...lol. I will keep these things in mind. While the blog has a dual purpose (ie to vent, and to write) I think the main goal was getting away from facebook. But, I am going to take your advice for sure. Because if by doing this, I gain fans of my writing, well that is much more than I expected, so all the better. :) Thanks for supporting the arts!! Lol. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete